What's new in Pop-Up Dictionary 4.5?
- The main window is opened faster from the agent now even if test is
enabled there: the testing entries are loaded only after selecting the Test or
Slide Show tab.
- An option to show several found entries at once and get next found entries
portion by portion. The text limit of the Found field is 65535
- An option to show transcription in the Found field:
- near (after) original word;
- near (before) translation;
- on a new line;
- do not show transcription.
- If you place the cursor inside one entry in the Found field, when
you click the Editing >> button, this entry becomes current.
- If the found entries are shown in one field when you click the'<<
Editing button, the Found field is scrolled to show the current
- If you place the cursor inside one entry in the Found field, the
Sound button becomes enabled if this entry has a link to a sound file.
- The height of the window on the Found tab when all the found
entries are shown in one field is saved separately for every dictionary.
- Sentence word-for-word translation: paste a sentence into the
search field and press Alt+Enter. All the words in the sentence will be
searched for in the current field of the dictionary. If the found entries are
shown in one field, the order of the words will the same that in the sentence.
Note, that only uninflected words will be found. To be found the field of the
entry should consist only one word without features. E.g. "go" is good, "go
v." is not taken into consideration.
- During sentence word-for-word translation the punctuation marks are not
taken into consideration.
- The contents of the Found field can be printed: place the cursor
into this field and press Ctrl+P. Only the registered users can use
this feature, the number of the entries, that can be printed during the trial
period is limited to 30. The contents of the Found field can be
formatted right before printing using hot keys: Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I,
Ctrl+U, Ctrl+L, Ctrl+R, Ctrl+E, Ctrl+Shift+L,
- The buttons Copy All >> and Move All >> on the
Found tab copy and move only found entries into the
What's new in Pop-Up Dictionary 4.4?
Run-time error 429.
Error 3170 - Couldn't
find installable ISAM.
Lithuanian translation of the interface.
New sort rules: Croatian, Estonian, Latvian,
Lithuanian, Macedonian, Romanian, Slovak, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
Space key in the hotkey dialog box.
The main window of Pop-Up Dictionary
runs faster from Pop-Up Dictionary Agent than
- New interface languages: Armenian, Korean, Polish and
- Font variant into the [General] section of the interface INI-file
to choose any font instead of preset Tahoma (to display
languages, that do not have a separate ANSI encoding and uses
others, like Armenian).
- Hot keys:
Ctrl+= - switch on/off subscript for the selected
Ctrl+Shift+= - switch on/off superscript for the
- A warning message when the transcription field is hidden,
but the dictionary is sorted by it: it offers to sort the
dictionary by the original word field.
- The pin button is removed from the caption to the systray
pop-up menu. The slide show window is always on top.
- It is possible now to edit entries on the Found tab.
- F4 - hot key for updating.
- Any dictionary can have an icon, that will be displayed in
the MRU menu of the Open button.
The icon must have the same name, which the dictionary has.
- Now every dictionary has an option to enable test or not, as
some educational dictionaries are used mainly for testing while
others are used only as dictionaries. Large dictionaries with
disabled testing are loaded faster and require less memory.
- The text in the search field is not cleared when a new
dictionary or vocabulary is opened. This helps to compare the
translations of one word in different vocabularies, which can be
dictionaries of different kind: bilingual, explanatory, etc.
- Now in the history not only the positions of records are
saved, but also the sequence of opened dictionaries and
- If Alt is pressed when a word is double-clicked in
any text field, this word is placed to the search field, but is
not searched for. This is usually used to open another
dictionary to see its translation.
- If the text is drag'n'dropped into the search field or a
link is clicked when Alt is held this text is not
- If the word you want to copy exists in the destination
vocabulary and you don't replace it with this one, the original
word is copied to the search field (w/o searching performed) so
that you can open the destination vocabulary and look at this
word there (the searching will be automatically performed when
you open it).
- The position and the sizes of the window during Slide Show
is saved to the INI-file of the current dictionary.
- The transparency of the Slide Show window can be set in per
- The window during Slide Show can be dragged when the mouse
cursor is over the text boxes.
- F3 - the hot key for running Slide Show.
- During Slide Show the size of the font in any field can be
dynamically changed, when the cursor is over the field and the
mouse wheel is rotated with Ctrl pressed. Zoom in
the slide show is saved for every field in the INI-file and is
restored when the slide show is stopped.
- Ctrl+Del - hot key to check/uncheck the current word
- The Main window and the Slide Show window can be set on top
- The interface in Windows XP has now XP style look (see
- The pin button in Windows XP has XP style.
- During Slide Show only text boxes are visible. To stop slide
show click on the Close button of the window or press
Esc. The size of the window during Slide Show can be made
even less than usual.
- You can set the time before showing the answer and the next
word in Slide Show from 100ms up to 99s.
- The destination vocabulary is not changed if the selected
vocabulary is not the destination one.
- Slide Show begins with the next word or the answer to the
- If the Test tab is selected a new word is chosen for
- Now it is impossible to select a destination vocabulary if
the current entry is edited or added.
- Now there is a message if it is impossible to copy the
current vocabulary to other dictionary.